There are a few instances in which it will be necessary to perform a master reset on the Oregon 600 series, including the following:
- Not receiving a satellite signal
- Restoring the factory default settings
- Not functioning properly
Performing a master reset can cause data loss. To back up user data* utilize the FAQ “How do I back up user data from my outdoor GPS with a USB interface?". If removing user data is desired to eliminate corrupt data or free up additional space, reference the FAQ “Why does my Garmin outdoor or fitness GPS still show my GPS data after a master reset?”.
To perform the master reset:
- If needed, power the device off
- Press and hold User key (Button below the power key)
- Press and hold Power key (while continuing to hold User key)
- When device powers on, release Power key
- When the message Do you really want to erase all user data? appears, release User key
- Touch 'Erase' (You may need to touch Erase 2 or 3 times for the re-boot to start)
The Device will re-boot and then prompt you to select Language required
The Oregon is now reset. It may be necessary to leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for 20 minutes to acquire satellite data.
You will need to now work through our recommended setting guide re-entering all of our recommended settings into your GPS Device from the Setup Menu
*User data consists of waypoints, routes, tracks, and geocaches