How do I perform a master reset on my eTrex Touch?
Modified on: Sat, 2 Jul, 2016 at 6:29 PM
There are a few instances in which it will be necessary to perform a master reset on the eTrex Touch, including the following:
- Not receiving a satellite signal
- Restoring the factory default settings
- Not functioning properly
Performing a master reset can cause data loss. To back up user data* utilize the FAQ “How do I back up user data from my outdoor GPS with a USB interface?". If removing user data is desired to eliminate corrupt data or free up additional space, reference the FAQ “Why does my Garmin outdoor or fitness GPS still show my GPS data after a master reset?”.
To perform the master reset:
- Power eTrex Touch off
- Power on device and wait for both the Garmin Logo and text under the Garmin logo with the model number of your GPS to appear on screen
- Press and hold finger on upper left side of display
- Continue holding until the Do you really want to erase all user data? message appears
- Release finger from upper left side of display
- Touch Erase (You may need to touch on Erase 2 or 3 times for the re-boot to start)
- The Device will re-boot and also prompt you to select Language required
- You will need to now work through our recommended setting guide re-entering all of our recommended setting for each of the activity profiles
- Allow the device up to 20 minutes to acquire satellite data with a clear view of sky
The eTrex Touch is now reset and ready for use.
*User data consists of waypoints, routes, tracks, and geocaches
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.